• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident caused buy uninsured motorist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marklori

My state is New Jersey. Individual caused accident provided inaccurate insurance information at local court, after being sited for no insurance. I file claim with individuals insurance information, and the name, adress, and car do not match what is on file. Insurance company took claim since I provided a valid insurance policy number. The insurance company has been unable to contact individual to verify information, so therefore can not process the cliam. What is my next action? Should I file local charges for fraud? or go through my own insurance an pay the deductable?:(

zippysgoddess

You may want to consult with an attorney, however I would recommend consulting your own insurance company first. If you had coverage more than the minimums, then they will likely repair your car and go after the other person and their company for the amount they had to pay out for your repairs. Usually, they will also provide an attorney to assist you, so you can probably, in the long run, get the money back for what you pay out on your deductible as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">