• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident in Chicago Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

acruz

I had a minor accident, some girl hit my car on the passanger side as we were driving, we came to a verval agreement before calling the police, do to the fact that this person was driving on a previous ticket, I got all of her information except her insurance company, I file a police report the next day, but my insurance company will not cover it because i do not have full coverage and this girl is not releasing her insurance companys name, what do I do? Thank you in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

acruz said:
I had a minor accident, some girl hit my car on the passanger side as we were driving, we came to a verval agreement before calling the police, do to the fact that this person was driving on a previous ticket, I got all of her information except her insurance company, I file a police report the next day, but my insurance company will not cover it because i do not have full coverage and this girl is not releasing her insurance companys name, what do I do? Thank you in advance.
My response:

Get two estimates. Sue her in Small Claims court.

"Gee, why didn't I think of that ?"

This was really a "no-brainer".

IAAL

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You have her information, right? You take her to court and if she is smart, she will contact her insurance company.

http://www.attorneypages.com

How much is the damage? Go to state law center, small claims and then your state to see the jurisdiction amount. Because if it is under that limit, then it might be smarter to go the route of small claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">