• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident + claim refused by Insurance, HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ransim

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Okay here is my problem, and i've hit a brick wall i don't think I'll get past but i figure asking for help doesn't hurt.

In mid December I had an accident on I-95 during the first bad snowstorm of the year. The other party spun out and hit the side of my car spinning me, thankfully no injury or anyone else was involved. Because of the degraded road conditions and the two other cars that almost spun out into us i decided to just exchange info and go, a decision i now regret. I got the guys title number, liscense #, car type, his full name, and address from his registration, he didn't (or pretended not to) speak english. He told me a name and number for his insurance company but no policy number.

That day i filed a claim with my insurance company, i went that afternoon and they took photos, the damage was estimated at about $940 which is under my $1000 deductible i couldn't afford anyway. He had given me false insurance information, but the place he gave me was where he bought his car which was able to give me the name of the insurance broker he used when he bought the car, they provided me his insurance company and policy number.

I contacted his insurance company, by this time it had been a few days trying to get the information from the car dealer where again almost no one there spoke english.

His insurance company proceeded to attempt to contact the guy, he never returned calls or responded to any certified letters. Its not mid February and nothing. The damage is too little to justify a lawyer, and i couldn't afford one if i wanted.

The address on his registration was an old address so i can't even file a small claim against him. His insurance company refuses to pay without his statement or a police report, and they won't release his correct address to me which they told me was different then the address i had.

What options do i have at this point? My car is damaged though driveable, and its really bothering me, i want my car fixed.

I've tried everything i can think of from requesting a consultation from a lawyer who said it was too small for him to represent me, to checking with the state police and my insurance company for help, no one wants to help.

If anyone has any advice its greatly appreciated, I have completely lost my faith in any sort of justice system at this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">