• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident, delayed and flawed citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paullee

What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON STATE

I got a traffic citation for "failure to yield right of way at a left turn against traffic" resulting in collision. However, the ticket came to me in the mail more than 10 days after the accident. Furthermore, the citation lists my driver's license info and info about me correctly, however, has the completely wrong info on my vehicle...wrong license plate, year and model of the car, although the style and color are correct. Furthermore, the citation is from an officer who's name I don't recognize and didn't even speak with on the day of the accident -- not the officer who interviewed me.

Is this worth contesting?

P

paullee

There were two sets of signal lights -- a left turn signal and straight-a-way signals. When the light turned green, I automatically assumed it was the left turn signal that went green. To answer your question, I still don't know which light turned green to this day, however, it is very possible that I didn't yield. The question is though, does the fact that the citation has:

1. Erroneous info about my vehicle -- wrong license number, make and year
2. Ticket came late in the mail -- not given to me on premises
3. Ticket given by a different officer -- not the one who interviewed me

Have any bearing for a possible technical dismissal on this issue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">