• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pmax

What is the name of your state? New York
Hi,
I had a car accident 2 weeks ago. I was driving on the green light when I got hit by another vehicle. When I got the copy of the police report the other driver stated that "he was driving on the green light when I hit him" my statement was exactly the same. There were no witnesses on the scene. However, when I called my insurance, by the way both of us have Geico, I was told that I was found liable 100% and that they based their decision on the recorded statement of a witness who was driving by and who saw the accident. She then stopped and gave her phone number to the other driver. The damages to my car were to the left passenger side and my entire back was destroyed. There was also two other car involved (they were parked in the vicinity) my car was declared total loss (I had full collision). Few days later I got a letter saying that the damages could be in excess of my $10,000 Property Damage coverage I have and the rest should be paid from my pocket.
The question is:
Should I go to court because I believe that 1) the witness was irrelevant since she/he wasn't on the scene and that her statement wasn't on the police report? 2) In my opinion they didn't looked at all the evidence and they didn't compare the statement of the other driver to the damages of my car. 3) How will this whole situation affect, in terms of money, my next car and will they cancel my policy?
Thank you in Advance

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">