• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident Fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dshukis

I'm in Massachusetts, and was involved in an auto accident about a year ago. I'm contesting it as it was found to be my fault and I don't believe that it actually is.

The accident occurred in the parking lot of a high school, and I don't believe a police report was filed. Basically both me and the other driver just ran into each other as we navigated the lanes. Are there any traffic laws specific to parking lots? The only thing the court will have to go by is my accident report and the other driver's accident report, so I don't see how they can find it to be my fault based just on that. I believe it should be 50/50, since we both just ran into each other. What would you reccommend to defend myself in this case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">