• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

in a accident in a fault state, even though i am from a no-fault state ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rheannon

What is the name of your state? new york hi i want to file a injury claim by the person who hit me.. does the insurance company have to comply with the insurance laws of vermont where the accident took place? even though i am from ny state? i know my insurance company has been paying for all of my medical exspenses.. i am a little confused what state laws should apply in my claim against the person who hit me insurance they paid for my totalled vehicle right away.. so i can only go after them on pain and suffering, loss of wages ect..? or could there be more since it happened in a fault state??

S

seniorjudge

"...does the insurance company have to comply with the insurance laws of vermont where the accident took place?..."
Yes

rheannon

since vermont is a fault state why does my insurance cover my medical? just because i live in a no-fault state?? so i file loss of income and pain and suffering on their insurance only?? thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">