• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LBC6

What is the name of your state? CA
I was hit by a guy with minimum coverage his ins totaled my vehical and my medical bills exceed his coverage i wanted to know if thier was a way to take the insurance money and still be able to sue him for the balance without having to sign a release. also as far as the vehical they will not pay the balance witch i know they dont have to but they still want me to sign the vehical over to them or pay salvage title fee if i want to keep it can they do this.? the guy owns a home so he must have some money right . any advise would help thanks.

Last edited:

lwpat

You need to retain an attorney. While I can certainly give you some advice, doing so may lead you to try this yourself and you will just be in a bigger mess. An attorney will protect your rights, that is his job.

L

LBC6

WELL I HVE SPOKEN TO AFEW ATTORNIES AND BECAUSE THEIR SO LITTLE MONEY INVOLED NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE THE CASE AND LEAVE ME WITH NOTHING . THE LAST ATTORNY TOLD ME TO SETTLE AND DONT PAY THE MEDICAL BILLS . SO IM KINDA ON MY OWN

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LBC6 said:
WELL I HVE SPOKEN TO AFEW ATTORNIES AND BECAUSE THEIR SO LITTLE MONEY INVOLED NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE THE CASE AND LEAVE ME WITH NOTHING . THE LAST ATTORNY TOLD ME TO SETTLE AND DONT PAY THE MEDICAL BILLS . SO IM KINDA ON MY OWN

My response:

Hey, Fruitcake . . .

Why are you yelling and screaming at us?

Where the hell is your OWN insurance coverage; i.e., Underinsured Motorist Coverage?

Huh?

IAAL

L

LBC6

oops! sorry about the caps wasnt yelling or screaming was being rushed when i wrote it . i had uninsured motorist they wont let me use it . (im having a bad insurance learning experiance) i will know better next time.

stephenk

Not "uninsured" but "Underinsured coverage".

The other driver's carrier will not pay you money to settle unless you release their insured from all claims.

If your case is worth more than the other driver's policy limit, make a policy limit demand. If the other carrier pays their limit, you then make a claim on your underinsurance coverage for the balance of what you think your case is worth.

If you accept anything less than the other driver's policy limit, you cannot make an underinsurance claim with your own carrier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">