• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident with injury, no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdel

What is the name of your state? NJ

I hit a car today and my insurance expired two months ago. The women in the other car wasn't hurt badly, but went to the hospital via ambulence. I am a stay at home mom with no personal income. I have a court date in two weeks. In NJ what can I expect? This is my first accident. I know that they will probably suspend my license. I have no family near me and wonder what I will do to get my daughter to school and the doctors appointments and things like that. Do they look at cases indidually or is it all black and white? Will I be able to set up payment plans with the other party and the courts for fines? I have no real savings so not sure how I will be able to come up with a lump sum of money. Any information would be appreciated. TIA

stephenk

how do you support yourself? If you have no income, why do you believe the other party and/or their insurance company will accept payments? How will you make payments?

cdel

Sorry, I meant personally I have no job. My husband works and we get by, but barely. This is going to hurt us real bad finacially. I would be able to make some sort of monthly restitution if accepted, but would not be able to pay thousands or even a thousand dollars out of pocket. I am really worried about how this will be payed for and also the suspension of license.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cdel said:
Sorry, I meant personally I have no job. My husband works and we get by, but barely. This is going to hurt us real bad finacially. I would be able to make some sort of monthly restitution if accepted, but would not be able to pay thousands or even a thousand dollars out of pocket. I am really worried about how this will be payed for and also the suspension of license.

My response:

You should have thought about that before you decided to drive illegally. I'll bet you have a difficult time thinking beyond your nose, right?

Looks like Mexico or Canada is in your immediate future. See ya!

IAAL

cdel

I understand that I was driving illegally and that reprecussions will happen. Actually I do think past my nose though. My mother is dying and my one year old daughter needs surgery this month. Maybe I got a little behind in my bills, but all I have been dealing with is family. I am not asking to be excused, I was asking for informative advice that would be useful. I do not appreciate any snide remarks. I made a mistake and I admit it. I thought this board was for help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cdel said:
I understand that I was driving illegally and that reprecussions will happen. Actually I do think past my nose though. My mother is dying and my one year old daughter needs surgery this month. Maybe I got a little behind in my bills, but all I have been dealing with is family. I am not asking to be excused, I was asking for informative advice that would be useful. I do not appreciate any snide remarks. I made a mistake and I admit it. I thought this board was for help.

My response:

And how would you expect us to help you - - take up a collection, perhaps?

Everyone who comes here has an excuse, or a problem, which "caused them to violate the law"; e.g., I have too many bills or, my kid needs surgery or, I ate Cheerios for breakfast this morning.

It doesn't matter. We have read every stupid excuse in the book, lady. The fact remains, you're a major cause of why the rest of us are paying higher premiums. But, you don't care about that, right?

Take a bus, or better yet, walk.

IAAL

cdel

Actually, I am done here. In my original post I basically asked what to expect and if I can make payments. I thought this board was to help, not to ridicule. I am uneasy about it. Not that I would need to explain myself to you, but I have paid my insurance up until two months ago since I could drive (11 years). I pay high premiums too after all I do live in NJ. I am sorry it must be hard to be so perfect and judgemental. I wouldn't know since I already admitted to making a mistake. My daughter does need surgery and my mother is dying. That is not an excuse, that is a fact. I didn't ask for money or forgiveness. I asked for information. You do not know me and I do not know you, but it is very apparent that you live by black and white rules. Well, I don't. I do not need to be judged by you. Actually, I will have my own judge,but thanks for stepping in where you are not needed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cdel said:
I pay high premiums too after all I do live in NJ.

MY RESPONSE: You ain't seen nothing yet, Jersey Girl. Once you're able to get insurance again, your new premiums will make your old premium payments look like a "walk in the park".

I am sorry it must be hard to be so perfect and judgemental.

MY RESPONSE: No, actually it's quite easy.

I wouldn't know since I already admitted to making a mistake.

MY RESPONSE: So what? What good is that to the person you injured and damaged? What good is that to the rest of us who have to have our premiums increased because you were thoughtless?

My daughter does need surgery and my mother is dying.

MY RESPONSE: What the hell does THAT have to do with you driving illegally? My dog has fleas, and my house burned down. I'll think I'll drive without insurance. Sounds logical to me!

You do not know me and I do not know you, but it is very apparent that you live by black and white rules. Well, I don't.

MY RESPONSE: What is "black and white" about driving without insurance? You're proud of not following life's rules? Well, look where it got you. Oh, and PS; I have no desire to know you, or your mother, or your kid.

I do not need to be judged by you.

MY RESPONSE: Sure you do!

Actually, I will have my own judge,but thanks for stepping in where you are not needed.

MY RESPONSE: You would have been better off with me judging you. Now, you're really going to get it up the poop chute.

IAAL

nanaII

Accident with no insurance

You are facing a long and very expensive road ahead of you. Some companies WILL let you make payments. The problem you will be facing is that you do not have an insurance company on your side, so you will probably paying for this for the rest of your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">