• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VANESSA THOMAS

What is
the name of your state? VIRGINIA
I WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT IT WAS NOT MY FAULT,BUT I HAVE NO INSURANCE ON MY CAR CAN I SUE THE OTHER PERSONS INSURANCE.I ALSO HAD A PASSENGER IN THE CAR CAN THEY SUE OTHER INSURANCE .DONT THEY CHECK TO SEE IF I HAVE INSURANCE IF I FILE A CLAIM?THE OTHER PERSON ADMITTED FAULT.

kat1963

Did you pay the $500.00 uninsured motorist fee when you renewed registration?
KAT

Last edited:
Z

zappy

Then Vanessa why do you think i should care if you are a dumb ditzy broad who rather spend money on clothes or drinking then car insurance?

YOU have your prioities all screwed up, and now you will learn how expensive it is is to drive witout insurance.

YOUR license will be suspended and Now you will have to get HIGH RISK insurance at double or triple what you had been paying.

So my advice to you is......

Learn how to ride a BUS, or buy a bicycle, and learn how to walk, since it will be a while before you will be able to afford to drive again.

So was it worth it having all those nice funky clothes and no car insurance?

V

VANESSA THOMAS

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE BUT IT WASNT ME IT WAS MY AUNT I LOOKED THIS UP FOR HER CUZ SHE NEEDED INFO WHAT ABOUT HER PASSENGER IN HER CAR CAN SHE SUE THE OTHER INSURANCE OR WILL SHE HAVE TO SUE MINES

kat1963

Your aunt should realize that there is a great chance her uninsured status will be reported to the DMV & it will go on her record. Her license will be suspended until she pays a $500 find AND provides SR-222's from the insurance company showing she had continued coverage for at least the last 2 years. If there were other lapses, the judge could impose additional fines & license suspension time.
As for suing, anyone can sue anyone for anything..it doesn't necessarily mean that one will see money awards out of it.
KAT

Z

zappy

Then I guess your aunt is one dumb ditzy broad, who doesnt have a lick of common sense.

Stay away form people like that, they will make your life miserable

=================================

VANESSA THOMAS said:
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE BUT IT WASNT ME IT WAS MY AUNT I LOOKED THIS UP FOR HER CUZ SHE NEEDED INFO WHAT ABOUT HER PASSENGER IN HER CAR CAN SHE SUE THE OTHER INSURANCE OR WILL SHE HAVE TO SUE MINES

racer72

You will lose, in fact, the case will not even get to court, if you sue the insurance company. The insurance company was not at fault for the accident. You and your passenger would have to sue the driver of the vehicle and the registered owner if they are different. What would be the purpose of suing your insurance company? Were they someway at fault for the accident too?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">