• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident involving an uninspected vehicle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PepperPrincess

My soon-to-be-ex husband recently destroyed his truck yet again, and my question is such: Will an insurance company refuse the claim on a vehicle that had not been inspected since June?

I reside in Pennsylvania, and the vehicle was fully covered under my insurance policy. I just wonder if they would not cover the accident since he's been driving the vehicle illegally for several months, in that it wasn't inspected.

I thank all of you for taking the time to help me find an answer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That is a strange line of thinking...
"I'm going to let my truck sit here and not get fixed because if I tell the insurance company, they might refuse to fix it."

Talk to your insurance company. Leave it as a hypothetical if you wish...but we can't speak for them.

PepperPrincess

That is a strange line of thinking...
"I'm going to let my truck sit here and not get fixed because if I tell the insurance company, they might refuse to fix it."
No, it is not strange thinking. There are plenty of options to explore in this case before contacting the insurance company. Additionally, if the claim is going to be denied anyway, why would you submit it in the first place? I would simply just buy a new vehicle and not risk my insurance rates rising.

...but we can't speak for them.
Yes, I am aware of such. This is the 'FreeAdvice Forums'. Advice is what I'm seeking.

Betty

No, it is not strange thinking. There are plenty of options to explore in this case before contacting the insurance company. Additionally, if the claim is going to be denied anyway, why would you submit it in the first place? I would simply just buy a new vehicle and not risk my insurance rates rising.

Yes, I am aware of such. This is the 'FreeAdvice Forums'. Advice is what I'm seeking.
The thing is you don't know & we don't know either if the claim will be denied w/o you asking the ins. company. How much is the truck worth?

moburkes

I there is a police report your HUSBAND'S insurance will be going up soon, not yours. Accidents follow the driver that caused it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">