• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident may start to cause big mess.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stoshe

Hello, I live in ohio and the accident occurred in ohio. In August i sold a car to someone who resides in my home. (Renter upstairs) The other day they were excited about finally paying off the car so they took it to run some errands without my knowledge. I had made a signed agreement indicating that the car was to remain here (at the house) until paid off and at that time i would complete the title transfer into their name, so the license plate was still in my name. They got into an "at fault" accident and they did not have insurance. My insurance will NOT cover them and does not follow the vehicle but instead follows me. Obviously, i am sure that they will be sued and i am wondering if i will be as well. I am worried about losing my driving privileges in the event of a lawsuit because i know some people who are unable to drive from accident 3+ years ago STILL TO THIS DATE because the insurance has put a "lien on their license". What should i do an what should i expect?

LK.

If you sold a car to someone KNOWING that they were not properly licensed or insured, you may be found liable. Consult an attorney.

S

Stoshe

Ohio-I consulted an attorney, he told me not to have my friend call their (the person he hit) insurance company back..isnt this going to piss them off more?
Still hoping for more advice on original post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">