• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident**************no Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

porkyluck

state NC. a lady lost control of her suv**************.traveled across intersection and hit the side of my wifes car who was sitting in the turning lane. after she hit my wife.....she traveled 50 more ft and hit another stationary car. policeman arrived.....somehow concluded that the lady had a faulty steering column which caused her to lose control and did not give a ticket even though the lady did not use her brakes any which would have avoided most of the damage.

wife went to emergency room**************.escaped much damge to her body but car was almost totaled. the lady's insurance company declined any responsiblilty said it was fords problem and we had to turn it in to our comp coverage to get our car fixed and pay hospital bills, etc. my ins co in turn said they would sue her ins company, but it might take a while.

what should be my next step**************i have never been treated so rudely as i was by the declining ins co. should i try to get the officer to issue a ticket again, he declined once. the wreck could have easily broke the steering column and is he an expert?

any help much appreciated!

seniorjudge

porkyluck said:
state NC. a lady lost control of her suv**************.traveled across intersection and hit the side of my wifes car who was sitting in the turning lane. after she hit my wife.....she traveled 50 more ft and hit another stationary car. policeman arrived.....somehow concluded that the lady had a faulty steering column which caused her to lose control and did not give a ticket even though the lady did not use her brakes any which would have avoided most of the damage.

wife went to emergency room**************.escaped much damge to her body but car was almost totaled. the lady's insurance company declined any responsiblilty said it was fords problem and we had to turn it in to our comp coverage to get our car fixed and pay hospital bills, etc. my ins co in turn said they would sue her ins company, but it might take a while.

what should be my next step**************i have never been treated so rudely as i was by the declining ins co. should i try to get the officer to issue a ticket again, he declined once. the wreck could have easily broke the steering column and is he an expert?

any help much appreciated!

This sounds like a good case for y'all to turn over to your insurance carrier.

Whose attorney?

Most insurance companies will usually represent you in such a case. Sometimes they will allow you to choose the attorney (with their permission). Speak with them first. Remember... any money that the insurance company paid out on your behalf (medical bills, damage to car), will be subtracted from your settlement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">