• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident by non car owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

megmcc

My boyfriend got in a fender bender while driving my car w/o me in it. He had my permission to drive it. The accident was caused by him sitting at a light and bending over to pick something up when his foot slipped off the brake and bumped the car in front of him. No damage was done to either car and he took pictures of both. The police were not involved and insurance info was exchanged. The other driver notified my insurance carrier and now claims neck injury and car damage. What am I liable for and will I have to pay anything out of my pocket or will my insurance take care of it all? They are waiting for a statement from my boyfriend of what happend. They know I gave him permission. What is most likely to happen and what should I do at this point?

T

TimC

The very first thing you should do is tell us what state you are in, and what type of auto insurance you have.

M

megmcc

I am in Florida and have..liability, bodily injury, property damage, no fault, medical pymts, comprehensive, uninsured motor vehicle bodily injury.

First of all, no, you do not have any out of pocket expesses due to the loss.

Your property damage and bodily injury coverages will take care of the claim. If the damages were as you state, then the other drivers personal injury protection will cut him off quickly from seeking any extensive treatment.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">