• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident on Private Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pat_2001

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?MT

I was invovled in an accident that occured on private property. I accidentally bumped into a motorcycle, tipping it over. The owner of the motorcylce is claiming 1850 dollars in damages to his motorcylce, which is a 1982 Honda 900cc and is valued at much less. The morning after the accident the sheriff and I went to the scene, where the bike was still parked. The sheriff determine that there was minimal, if any, damage to the motorcycle. The Chief of Police has since taken of the case and has now issued me 3 citations. They are; Reckless Driving, Failure to stop an ID self after striking an unattended vehicle, and failure to give notice of an accident by the quickest means possible (over 500). There are four witnesses involved. Three were with me and have given statements that coinside with my statement, and also the sheriffs findings at the scene. The other is a friend of the owner of the bike and claims that i ran the motorcylce over and then backed over it 3-4 times. My father was involved in an accident in a parking lot that was private property and the officer involved told him that he wasn't able to write him a ticket because it happened on private property. I was wondering if that applies here and how i should handle the whole situation, because the owner of the bike is being a jerk and calling and threatening me consistantly. Thanks for any advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">