• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident with Public street car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rinki

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I had accident with a public street car.No one was hurt.And my car got damaged at the rear end bumper and lights. I didnt realize that it was a no left turn on that intersection and didnt see the street car as well and ended in getting in the way of it at the rear end.Police came to the scene but didnt give me any report.I am a very careful driver and have never had any tickets before of any kind.I dont know what to expect next? What actions are they going to take and the gravity of their actions?
Thanks in advance.

ecmst12

The streetcar company will file a claim for their damages through your insurance company. If you have collision coverage, you can file a claim for that and pay your deductible, otherwise you will have to pay for your repairs yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">