• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident Reported Differently

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bad Judgement

What is the name of your state? :California

I was hit while making a right turn by a vehicle following too close, (my signal was on!). When I got out to assess the damage. and talking to the other party and getting their information, I discovered that the driver had a suspended liscense and no insurance, as well as the passenger. Even though I had ONE glass wine, I was afraid that if the police came, they would take to jail., even though it wasn't my fault. The other party said they would pay for it (the Phone # and address are legitamate.) I reported to my insurance company, knowing that the other party would not pay, that the incident was done in a parking lot while I was shopping. Now my conscience is getting to me. The other party is stringing me along. All I asked for was the deductable of $500.00 to get the repairs done. I want to report the truth to the Insurance co. (I have witnesses), but am afraid they will totally deny my claim. I always try to do everything legal. This is just eating away at me. I want to get my vehicle repaired - AND I know now that I should have handled the incident the right way. What are the recourses. Help! :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">