• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident in a supermarket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

todd_linger

What is the name of your state? california 35 days ago i was in a well known supermarket. i'll refrain from the name. for now. i was finished shopping and had checked out. as i exited the market a large steel pole from the awning fell and hit me in the back of the neck and head area. 3 other people were injured from this awning mishap. the paramedics arrived and took 3 of us to the emergency room. i myself received 12 stitches and a large hospital bill. i am not sure what happened to the other victims of this unfortunate incident. i have tryed to contact the corporate office and they continue to give me the runaround. i cannot afford the ambulance and emergency fees, and think the supermarket should atleast foot the bill. i have had the sutures removed and i have quite an ugly and large scar on my head and neck. i also missed 7 working days due to i couldn't wear my hardhat, which is required in my employer. some peers said i should sue them for damages, and i was wondering if that is a possibility? all help would be greatly appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

todd_linger said:

some peers said i should sue them for damages, and i was wondering if that is a possibility?

===============================

My response:

You have, what appears at first blush from your post, a very good "Premises Liability" cause of action against the supermarket.

See a Personal Injury attorney as soon as possible.

IAAL

T

todd_linger

thanks so much for responding so quickly. i'm sorry but i failed to mention that work was being done on the exterior of the store by workers. they were working on the awning (ironic) how much could i expect to pay for an attorney in a matter such as this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

todd_linger said:
thanks so much for responding so quickly. i'm sorry but i failed to mention that work was being done on the exterior of the store by workers. they were working on the awning (ironic) how much could i expect to pay for an attorney in a matter such as this?

My response:

Take lots of pictures of the accident scene - - take from all angles and directions. As long as the store was open, it's of no consequence that there were workers working on the awning. The company owes you a duty to keep their premises safe from hazards and to not injure it's customers.

You don't have to pay an hourly fee for an attorney. A Personal Injury attorney will take your case on a "contingency" basis; e.g., you don't pay until such time as there may be a successful settlement or judgment. If your claim is successful, then the attorney will take his fee AND the costs from your settlement. Your medicals should be paid from your settlement, and then you'll get the balance. When you see an attorney, you'll get all of the particulars in this, and many other, regards.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

T

todd_linger

thank you sir/madam for your help. i'm looking for one now. you've been most helpful. do you mind if i refer to this website for further advice in the future?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

todd_linger said:
thank you sir/madam for your help.

MY RESPONSE: I am a "sir", and you're quite welcome.

i'm looking for one now. you've been most helpful.

MY RESPONSE: Good - - there's no time like the present. You're very kind to notice and to mention it.

do you mind if i refer to this website for further advice in the future?

MY RESPONSE: Well, actually, we have a "One question per lifetime" rule. No, no, no, just kidding with you. Of course, you're welcome to come back here anytime! Love to have you.

IAAL

T

todd_linger

does anyone know a Great personal injury attorney in the LA area?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

todd_linger said:

My response:

Me!

IAAL

P.S. I cannot, however, solicit your business from this site. But, if you call the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association, they'll be more than happy to refer you to a good attorney. Hopefully, they'll refer you to me!

T

todd_linger

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
todd_linger said:

My response:

Me!

IAAL

P.S. I cannot, however, solicit your business from this site. But, if you call the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association, they'll be more than happy to refer you to a good attorney. Hopefully, they'll refer you to me!
lol that's great. i'm looking for the # now. hopefully i will get to talk to you. thanks alot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">