• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident while stationar on on-ramp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnluff

What is the name of your state? TX

This is the statement of the accident as it stands:

I made an attempt to enter the <details of the freeway, ramp number, something> on October 27th 2004 at approximately 11:30AM. There is currently construction on this stretch of freeway, and as of this moment there is no clearly defined on-ramp (no white lines to define the difference between the slow lane and the on ramp). Also on this stretch of freeway, there is poor visibility as you look back during entry to the freeway due to large concrete walls. And in addition, the speeds on the freeway are obviously high.

Due to the poorly defined lanes, limited visibility and the high speeds of the oncoming traffic, I displayed an appropriate amount of caution as I was approaching the freeway on the on-ramp. On the day of October 27th 2004, I came to an absolutely necessary halt due to a steady stream of bunched up traffic that included 18 wheeler trucks occupying my intended lane, and for all the other reasons already outlined. After a approximately one minute of waiting for a gap in the traffic, I heard a squeal of tires. Unfortunately, the result was that a truck caught the right rear corner of my car with one of the left side panels of his truck.

A third driver was also involved in the incident, although I was not fully aware of this until I stepped out of the car and can make no attempts to explain what happened.

My vehicle suffered damage on the right rear quarter where the left panels of the vehicle behind made contact with mine. This damage to my vehice included the right rear panel, the trunk, the bumper and the right rear taillight. There could be more damage not immediately visible. The truck behind suffered damage along the left side of the vehicle.

--------------------------------------------

My wife got rear ended recently while stationary on an on-ramp. I'm just trying to gather a little info before the inevitable conflict from the guy behind that slammed into her. I actually don't think it's a good idea to become stationary on an on-ramp... but in reality I can't imagine my wife in her stationary vehicle being blamed by the insurance company - at the end of the day a driver should be paying attention to the road ahead and be at a speed to allow for a complete stop at all times IMO.

Any thoughts???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">