• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accidental fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yvetteal

What is the name of your state? Mn
My 14yr old daughter broke her ankle in gym class. I was informed by the school that by law they do not have to have insurance to cover any medical expenses.

First of all she is the third student to hurt her ankle in gym and the school was not able to wrap her ankle. She has surgery tomorrow for them to place a plate and screws in her ankle. Do I have a suit?

JETX

"Do I have a suit?"
*** There is no way that we can answer your question without checking your closet first.
:)

Seriously though... no. The school has no liability for your daughters injury.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

yvetteal said:
What is the name of your state? Mn
My 14yr old daughter broke her ankle in gym class. I was informed by the school that by law they do not have to have insurance to cover any medical expenses.

First of all she is the third student to hurt her ankle in gym and the school was not able to wrap her ankle. She has surgery tomorrow for them to place a plate and screws in her ankle. Do I have a suit?

My response:

Based only upon the flimsy information supplied by you, without any real facts concerning negligence, or any increased risk of injury caused by the school or teacher, then my answer is - - "Nope".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">