• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accidental hit and run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justme27

What is the name of your state? Oregon
I was hit by a bicyclist while making a right turn on red. I did not know I had been hit so I continued on. I only knew I was involved in an accident until two weeks later when my mother (she owns the car) was sent a letter by the police that a person driving her car fled the scene of an accident. The bicyclist is now claiming he hurt his wrist. There was no damage to my car and the witnesses who got my license plate number even told the police they didn't think I knew what happened. My passenger, who was on that side of the car, did not see or hear anything either. I do not know what to do and my mom is freaking out. Any advice? I didn't even know I was involved.

JETX

justme27 said:
I was hit by a bicyclist while making a right turn on red. I did not know I had been hit so I continued on.
Sorry, but that 'defense' is so unbelievable that it likely will not stand in court.

I do not know what to do and my mom is freaking out. Any advice?
Yep. Pay attention when you are driving.

panzertanker

JETX said:
Sorry, but that 'defense' is so unbelievable that it likely will not stand in court.

Yep. Pay attention when you are driving.
And the correct legal advice would be to contact a lawyer to arrange for your appearance to answer to the charge of fleeing/leaving the scene of an accident. ;)

This is a serious charge and you need to make arrangements post haste.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">