• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accidents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

roadman

My question deals with accidents. I was going down a road that had four lanes and a turn lane. I was in the left line tring to go the speed limit. When the person infront just stop I hiroplaned into him just bumping his back bumper. We were in the left lane a lane to the left which was a turn lane and the lane to the right. We both left the scene this was at 6:45 am. This person called the police at 8:00 am the same day to report the accident. The police did take his report but, did not try to get one from me. Over a month later the person filed on my insurance for personal injuries. Now this person had traded the truck in between this time. My insurance company is moving real slow on this matter. I am asking if both parties leave the scene can one or both persons file after the fact and, can the police department take the report legally without getting myside also. This happened in Warner Robins GA.

[Edited by roadman on 03-22-2001 at 07:05 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">