• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accidents on record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sthomp04

What is the name of your state?
Missouri

I had a bad year last year and got in 2 auto accidents which are now hurting me on insurance.
1 accident was only involving myself and a slippery road and a tree.
The other was with another vehicle, my fault.

Is there any way I can get either or both accidents off my record? Any way to shorten the time that they will be on my record?

You Are Guilty

sthomp04 said:
Is there any way I can get either or both accidents off my record? Any way to shorten the time that they will be on my record?
While you didn't specify which "record" you were referring to, assuming it's the driving record kept by your insurance company, the answers are:

1. Wait
2. Nope

If you are asking about the points on your license,
Non-alcohol related tickets are automatically removed after three years from the conviction date. If the tickets are connected with a suspension or revocation action, they can be removed after five years from the reinstatement or termination date of your driver license suspension/revocation. Tickets that are a permanent part of the record and can never be removed are as follows:

* State violation of “No Driver License”
* State violation of “No Motorcycle Qualified”
* State, county, or municipal violation of “Driving While Suspended/Revoked”
* State violation of “Leaving the Scene of an Accident”
* State, county, or municipal violation of “Leaving the Scene of an Accident When the Person was Operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle”
* State, county, or municipal violation of “Driving While Out of Service”
* State or county violation of “Where a Fatality Occurred While Operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle”
* State “Felony”
* Violations involving an alcohol- or drug-related driving offense or enforcement contact

JETX

sthomp04 said:
Is there any way I can get either or both accidents off my record?
Nope.

Any way to shorten the time that they will be on my record?
Nope.

Sounds like BOTH the accidents were your fault, and as long as your insurance company had to suffer a loss (pay a claim), your insurance premiums (and chance of renewal) WILL be impacted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">