• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accidents without insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kellyliv

What is the name of your state? Florida
I was in an accident in mid October and flipped my Jeep, and I had no insurance or registration . My courtdate isn't for another week and a half, but last week I was in another accident and totaled another car that was in my name but still had no insurance on this vehicle either. The officer at the first accident told me that if I get insurance before my court date I would be allowed to keep my lisence, at least for work. After the second accident would that still be true?

JETX

kellyliv said:
After the second accident would that still be true?
Nope. You only get one 'free pass' card. You didn't learn from your 'opportunity'.... and very likely lost it.

S

shell007

When you do get another car...GET INSURANCE!!

If you continue to have accidents..one of these days you are not going to be so lucky, and involve another party(s). Then...loosing your license to drive is going to seem like a very small problem in comparison to a property & personal injury lawsuit against you.

Just my Advice! :)

DGO1223

You'll be lucky to find an agency to insure you, and if you do, be prepared to pay out the you-know-what.

zippysgoddess

Obviously you have bad luck with accidents, do yourself a favor GET INSURANCE! There is a reason you are supposed to have it, you know.

Not only are you going to lose your license for awhile, but count on paying some hefty fines, and guess what, when you do get insurance, your rates are going to be astronomical!

T

Trucking Mad

kellyliv said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
I was in an accident in mid October and flipped my Jeep, and I had no insurance or registration . My courtdate isn't for another week and a half, but last week I was in another accident and totaled another car that was in my name but still had no insurance on this vehicle either. The officer at the first accident told me that if I get insurance before my court date I would be allowed to keep my lisence, at least for work. After the second accident would that still be true?
Get yourself a lawyer and prepare for the worst. If you can't afford a lawyer the courts will appoint one but I guarrantee he/she will not be very good. Hind site as they say is 20/20. The accidents you had did they involve other vehicles/people?

racer72

Trucking Mad said:
Get yourself a lawyer and prepare for the worst. If you can't afford a lawyer the courts will appoint one but I guarrantee he/she will not be very good. Hind site as they say is 20/20. The accidents you had did they involve other vehicles/people?
Unless the OP is charged with a felony traffic violation, there will no be a court appointed attorney available.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">