• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accused of Reckless

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cody42

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Utah

I was driving home from school and I passed a motorist on the right because she was going way below the speed limit and camping the fast lane. As I passed, I shook my head in disgust at this person, then got back into the fast lane when it was safe. After I did, the motorist sped up and got close to me, flashing her lights and making animated guestures with her hands. I flipped this person off and kept going. She continued to tailgate me until I was in a town about 20-25 minutes past where I had flipped her off. I was pulled over and arrested because she claimed I was driving recklessly and fabricated this huge story about how I had almost caused a bunch of accidents and was doing in excess of 90mph. When I was pulled over the policeman did not clock me at any speed above the speed limit. I was arrested and spent the entire day in jail and had to bond out. My car was towed and I had to pay for that as well. I recieved a copy of my police report and it says nothing about the officer who arrested me seeing anything reckless at all about my driving, it is basically her word against mine. I was wondering if anyone has any info about what might happen with this or what I should do? If I get charged with reckless, even though I have a spotless driving record before this point, I would lose my job and might not be able to afford insurance on my car anymore. Please help me?

JETX

"Please help me?"
*** Why???
It sounds to me like you acted like an immature, idiotic punk who has no respect for others or the law. In your own post, you admitted to several infractions.

C

cody42

ummm how about you read the word "fabricated" instead of judging me... i admitted to flipping her off, the rest was made up by her... find a dictionary if you dont understand the big words

JETX

And what do you call "I passed a motorist on the right" then, after you passed her, you proceeded to get "back into the fast lane when it was safe". You very likely cut her off in your attempt to become a vigilante and prove your point. Otherwise, why would you even change back into THAT lane at all... or have mentioned it, since it has no other relevance???

And even with that admission of your actions, I doubt that you were near as innocent as you profess in your post. Do you really expect us to believe that this person "sped up and got close to me, flashing her lights and making animated guestures with her hands" solely from your shaking your head and changed lanes??? It doesn't make sense.

Though you appear to be an idiot, don't assume that we are. We can certainly interpret the more likely facts from your posts.

C

cody42

i did not ask for BS i asked for normal people if they could help?

Wow I thought this was a free advice forum. Instead some loser with too much time on their hands (notice the almost 14k posts) decided to flame my serious question. Yes I passed the lady on the right, which according to the cop that arrested me is justifiable given the circumstances. Like you have never passed anyone on the right before because they were morons camped in the fast lane? What the hell is your point? I am glad there are people like you out there who have nothing better to do than pick apart a persons story with "do you honestly expect us to believe" crap. I could care less what you believe. I guess I will seek a different forum to ask questions on, where hopefully some angry disgruntled individual won't get his jollies off of trash talking a legitimate story. Thanks anyway to anyone who would honestly listen and try to help me out.

JETX

Ah, poor baby. Got his poor little feelings hurt because I caught him in a 'false story'.
Bottom line... you got a ticket and can now tell all your crap to the judge, who will also see through it. Simply, there are TWO stories here and the other drivers is the more believable.
Have a hap-hap-happy day!!
:D

A

azmother3

JETX has very good information and i would suggest you take it there is nothing you can do really cause it is your word against hers and since she took the time to call it in shes more likely to be in the right

K

knotcops

You gotta watch out for those Morman woman and cops. They do you in every time.:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">