• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adding to earlier damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? missouri my son was in a accident with a vehicle that had prior damage.thru all the arguments with insurance company of the vehcile my son hit they fixed the hit vehicle and has a collection agency trying to collect from my son. there is not an estimate on the earlier damage on the vehicle my son hit that I know of. I'm considering checking it on CARFAX for I have the info I need on the VIN number to see if there was any other accident report prior to this accident. If there is could i use this to our benifit in any way.

JETX

If there was prior damage and you can prove the value of that damage, you could offset the claim against you by that amount. However, getting that information will be the hard part. Naturally, the other owner will not be forthcoming on any information, so you will have to either get it elsewhere (it is unlikely that Carfax would have it.... after all it could have been a private issue), or by subpoena. To get it by subpoena, you will have to file a lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">