• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Additional surgery needed after 10 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prior60

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I need additional surgery on my cervical spine as i have disk issues that resulted from an auto accident that happened over 10 years ago when I was rear ended by a drunk driver.
Is it still possible to get this surgery covered by my insurance or the insurance company of the person that ran into me.
I have had one surgery over 10 years ago but have been in pain and discomfort since and now i had to stop working and I am on social security disability.
I did sue the other insurance company over 10 years ago for pain and suffering and was awarded a settlement.
I did sign papers on that settlement so I don't know if I have any grounds please help.

ecmst12

The settlement was intended to cover any future medical expenses arising from your injury. Those papers you signed would have been releasing the other driver from any further liability. And the statute of limitations has long since expired. You will have to use your heath insurance/medicare/savings to cover the new surgery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">