• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the adjustor is avoiding the evidence!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thatdealer

adjustor is ignoring the evidence!

in advance: i apologize for not being brief. it's in my nature to be thorough.

raleigh, NC:

just before midnight, i was on the way to taco bell with three other passengers. unfortunately, taco bell was located near a very busy night club. the traffic in the parking lot was horrific despite assistance by the police. as i was waiting in traffic, i was rear ended. i spoke to the woman. the plan was that we'd meet at taco bell to exchange insurance info with one of the police officers present to file a report. however, when i attempted to get an officer, he refused becaused his hands were full (directing traffic).

when i returned to the scene, the woman had driven off. fortunately, one of my passengers had gotten the liscense plate number. i contacted my insurance co and they traced the plates. i filed a claim with the woman's insurance company. after a month, the finally sent the estimator. after another month they decided to deny the claim due to lack of evidence.

there is corresponding damage and paint transfer on both vehicles. that is evidence. but the adjustor claims there was no paint transfer. apparently it's too later to file a police report. how do i get my money for the damage this woman caused?

[Edited by thatdealer on 05-10-2001 at 03:59 PM]

X

Xjudge

You will be required to initiate a lawsuit against the owner of the vehicle that struck you. At the time of the accident, despite the lack of assistance from the officer present, another should have been called in. You should contact an attorney in your area for the proper assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">