• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tankboy

What is the name of your state? ca

My son and another boy from our block were throwing rocks and a rock hit a neighbors car. When the neighbor asked the boys who did it, the older boy (not my son) said my son did it. The neighbor called the police to get a report, when the police came they asked who did it and again the older boy said my son did, but my son said that they both were throwing the rocks. Well, needless to say they are trying to lay the whole thing on my son and saying the damages are going to cost $900.00 to repair the vehicle, I have offered the neighbor to pay for half since my son was involved, but I think because of the police report (which my wife wasn't given a copy) stating that the other boy said my son did it, he wants me to pay the entire amount..I was wondering what I should? Thank you all for any assistance you may give.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">