• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice on if I should hire a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cathy6224

recently I was driving in Lousiana, I live in Texas. I hit some spilled diesel on the highway lost control and hit a cement barrier. Although i was not injured, thankfully, I do have out of pocket expenses for rental car, towing. Also the state trooper reported it as blowout on my vehicle which I believe is not what happened. I also had a question the fact my airbag didnt deploy. I did mention this whole story to my insurance who said they will be investigating, as if the diesel spill is the cause (by the way the Troopers did do an incident report on the spill, and truck involved). They will go after the truck company.

So should I personally consult an attorney or will my insurance do what they said investigate and if truck company is at fault go after them?

Thank you very much.

Your company will definately go after anyone who can re-imburse what they paid out. But, even though they will attempt to re-cover your out-of-pocket expenses, there is no garrantee they will. So, in the long run you may have to see an attorney.

C

Cathy6224

Advice if I should hir an Attorney

Thank You for such a quick response. It is very much appreciated. Again Thank You!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">