• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice my fellow advisors!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zippysgoddess

PA!

I am not sure how to get this fixed, if I need to contact the insurance company or the DMV.

I posted here before how when we were looking for insurance quotes, one agency tried to say that the accident we were involved in was our fault, it was not, we were rear-ended. Our paperwork from the insurance company and the police clearly states that we were not at fault. However, for some reason, when the insurance companies check my DH's driving record, it is coming up as his fault, with all agencies. So it is obviously listed that way on his driving record. Our new insurance agent even double checked for us and said yes, it is showing that were in a non-reportable, no charge file, at fault accident. So they are taking that to mean my husband was at fault.

She believes it may have happened because the woman who hit us had the same insurance company that we did, so when they read the accident report and saw that "our" company paid out, they assumed it was our fault and it was paid out to her.

I was able to explain to our agent and have it fixed for our current policy, but this does not fix it on his driving record.

Does anyone know how I go about doing this? Sorry to ask, but I am not very familiar with insurance and insurance law, I only know some basics, so I know there are some expert friends of mine on here who will know what we need to do to fix this. Advice, please? Pretty Please! LOL! :D

seniorjudge

zippysgoddess said:
PA!

I am not sure how to get this fixed, if I need to contact the insurance company or the DMV.

I posted here before how when we were looking for insurance quotes, one agency tried to say that the accident we were involved in was our fault, it was not, we were rear-ended. Our paperwork from the insurance company and the police clearly states that we were not at fault. However, for some reason, when the insurance companies check my DH's driving record, it is coming up as his fault, with all agencies. So it is obviously listed that way on his driving record. Our new insurance agent even double checked for us and said yes, it is showing that were in a non-reportable, no charge file, at fault accident. So they are taking that to mean my husband was at fault.

She believes it may have happened because the woman who hit us had the same insurance company that we did, so when they read the accident report and saw that "our" company paid out, they assumed it was our fault and it was paid out to her.

I was able to explain to our agent and have it fixed for our current policy, but this does not fix it on his driving record.

Does anyone know how I go about doing this? Sorry to ask, but I am not very familiar with insurance and insurance law, I only know some basics, so I know there are some expert friends of mine on here who will know what we need to do to fix this. Advice, please? Pretty Please! LOL! :D

It doesn't sound like the DMV will have anything to do with this; there is apparently some insurance reporting agency that has this screwed up.

Perhaps you could try the bureaucracy that regulates insurance carriers in your commonwealth.

Yep, go to the Department of Insurance for PA and file a complaint. They will require the insurance company to answer the complaint and complete a full investigation.

This is the best venue to have this handled in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">