• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed for figting ins co

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1mudslinger

What is the name of your state?massachusetts
I was driving my 05 dodge ram with 14,000 miles on it when I was hit in the side by a vehicle exiting a parking lot which sent me into the other lane hitting another pickup truck head on. My truck was severely damaged. My insurance company did a piss poor appraisal at $13,000. I went over it and found 18 obvious parts he left off. To top that off their trying to repair parts instead of replacing them. such as the frame, rocker panel, side radiator support, ect. I maintained this truck and it was in imaculate condition. So I want to replace every damaged part with a new one. They of course don't. So I wanted to know what rights I have in saying how its fixed.

I was also wondering how to get a more thorough appraisal because I think the truck should be considered a total loss. But because its a $28,000 truck they know they can get out of it cheaper by getting it into the garage and start working on it and just keep sinking money into it. The total will probably be the 80 % they need to total it but it's still cheaper then paying me the $28,000. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We are all Americans and we need to take care of each other!!!!!!!!!!

stephenk

What did the adjuster say when you pointed out the problems with the repair estimate? Did you point out the repair estimate problems with the body shop?

If the part can be repaired back to its pre-accident condition you really can't force the carrier to put in a new part.

Who is the carrier?

1mudslinger

I haven't pointed out the problems with the appraisal yet. I think the appraser and body shop are working together because he didn't have much to say other than ya I was going to ask them to replace the door instead of reskinning them. How can repair they repair the frame back to original when its got so little miles on it. My insurance carrier is St. Pauls Travelers ins.

stephenk

if the frame can be straightened out there really is no leverage you have to say they must replace the frame.

In any event, you should ask to speak the supervisor of the adjuster you are dealing with and explain your concerns. A letter to the adjuster with a cc to the supervisor can't hurt either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">