• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chaney

What would your advice be on the following situation:

You were hit by an eighteen wheeler. The driver says he is not at fault, yet you have three witnesses who say he ran the stop sign which caused me to have several injuries. The driver of the truck was cited 2 days later for the same thing. I need advice please respond.

I live in the state of Louisiana.

Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

chaney said:
What would your advice be on the following situation:

You were hit by an eighteen wheeler. The driver says he is not at fault, yet you have three witnesses who say he ran the stop sign which caused me to have several injuries. The driver of the truck was cited 2 days later for the same thing. I need advice please respond.

I live in the state of Louisiana.

Thank you.
My response:

Simple. I would obtain medical examination and treatment. Then, once that was completed within the applicable Statute of Limitations, I would contact the trucker's insurance company to attempt a settlement. Then, if that failed, I would immediately file a lawsuit against the trucker and all other responsible persons.

Good luck to you - - and hire a personal injury attorney to handle the legal aspects of your claim.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">