• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on questionnare from insurance company after car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tommy4589

Hi. I was recently involved in a car accident where the other person was at 100% fault. I went to the ER, then to physical therapy for injuries. Now i'm getting a letter from "The Rawlings Group", who i guess has a relationship with my health insurance company, about the bills for the ER that they paid. It's a questionnare and they're asking if this was related to an accident. If so, who was at fault, etc.

I've been told by friends that my health insurance company doesn't need to know about the accident, and that when I settle with the other car insurance other company, i will get the money for the medical bills, plus pain and suffering.

What should I do? Should i fill this out, should I tell them the truth? thx

dawggoneit

I am going thru the same thing. Be honest with your insurance company. If you have a lawyer just save your EOB's for them. When it is settled your health insurance will be reimbursed for all the costs. You MUST be honest or it could backfire on you and you dont want to be charged with insurance fraud. I filed insurance for 13 years so I know how this works.

ecmst12

You didn't post your state, which matters. But of course they need to know; your health insurance may exclude coverage for auto accident related bills entirely, or they may require proof that there is no PIP coverage in place, or they may just want to place a lein on any settlement you may receive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">