• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advised

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

geepiz

Help!

What is the name of your state? Washington

I was involved in an accident, “fender bender,” where the police office gave me the ticket of failure to yield. I took it to court (traffic court) and the magistrate dismissed the ticket. Technically the day of the accident I had no insurance. The other person’s insurance company is asking for me to pay them. I don’t mind paying some money but the amount that they want is unreasonable. They have not legally filed a case against me, but were telling me to send them my witness statements along with proof that the court dismissed my ticket so that their legal department can figure out if they have a strong enough case to actually sue me. I don’t think that sending my documents would be right because the witness statements help my case. I don’t know how to go about disputing the amount that they want or if I should hire and attorney?

:confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">