• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After a claim is settled .. Can I go back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

impalass

What is the name of your state? Texas

When we were hit head on in July my husband and I thought the mans insurance would take care of our claim in a resonable time frame and we would in no time be back to our routine. His insurance soon after contacted us saying that the insured was only liable for 80% and we were responsble for 20% of the total cost because their client was not 100% at fault for the accident which is completely false, police report staes he failed to yeild right of way and went through traffic blindly and hit us head on.The driver was not ticketed.Our insurance told us they would go ahead and 'pay' for our damages and later they would segregate to get their money from the other insurance company. Because of various reasons the vehicle was finally totalled in December. My husband found various sources (ex.NADA ) all putting the value of vehicle at around 15 000 $ however our insurance company uses if my memory is good CCR which is a source only available to insurance companies .. anyway they only offered 11 000 $ and after negotiation they would do no better and said they were being generous with that. We were tired of the hassle and not having the vehicle so we went ahead and accepted what they offered. Is it too late for a suit or is there anything else that can be done ????If you are wondering why I did not consult a lawyer before .. I tried to about in the 4th month of our wait however all that were contacted hinted that we should be injured .. its the only way they can get anything was pretty much the answer I seemed to get from them all. My husband is a paraplegic and one lawyer even told me that as soon as the guy hit us we should have went to the hospital and even if we were not injured we should have called him and we would have made millions !!! We are honest people and did not want to lie , we just wanted to have our claim settled !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">