• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After market items in an accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Barberatschool

What is the name of your state? Florida, I Had a 2000 Chevy Blazer and an 18 yr. old girl pulled out in front of me and totaled on Sept 18th. On July 29th I installed $2,000 worth of new rims and tires, and I have over $1,500 of stereo equipment installed. Insurance company wants to give me actual cash value of the suv which they say is $10, 025.00. How can I get my rims, tires, and stereo equipment replaced. I was not at fault in the accident!
Insurance says take it or leave it!!!!!! Won't pay for rental, or storage fee on suv after today because they gave me an offer.
What options do I have?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Barberatschool said:
What is the name of your state? Florida, I Had a 200 Chevy Blazer and an 18 yr. old girl pulled out in front of me and totaled on Sept 18th. On July 29th I installed $2,000 worth of new rims and tires, and I have over $1,500 of stereo equipment installed. Insurance company wants to give me actual cash value of the suv which they say is $10, 025.00. How can I get my rims, tires, and stereo equipment replaced. I was not at fault in the accident!
Insurance says take it or leave it!!!!!! Won't pay for rental, or storage fee on suv after today because they gave me an offer.
What options do I have?

**A: does your policy include collision coverage plus the value of your added upgrades? If so, then we can talk further.

T

Thomas234

I don’t know the specifics of your situation, or policy, but you could try what I did. I refused the insurance offer and told them to replace my vehicle. Not surprisingly, they found an additional $3,000 to pay me for my totaled car.

HomeGuru

Thomas234 said:
I don’t know the specifics of your situation, or policy, but you could try what I did. I refused the insurance offer and told them to replace my vehicle. Not surprisingly, they found an additional $3,000 to pay me for my totaled car.
**A: that piece of advice will not work. A 200 Blazer is too old.

K

knotcops

Specialty add on items such as rims, tires, lift kits, stereos, van conversions etc. are added to a policy through an endorsment. The insurance company needed to know about the items prior to your accident.

T

Thomas234

I suppose you are correct. I beleive one of the previous owners of this 200 Blazer was the Emperor Theodosius.

K

knotcops

As far as the policies I write, I am correct.

HG, nice comeback!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">