• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Air Bag Failure with Serious Injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BigSweetie

A friend of mine, who lives in GA, was a passenger in a one-vehicle accident in which a new (two months old) truck rolled end over end. Vehicle was traveling over 55 mph; both driver and passenger were wearing their seatbelts; neither the driver or the passenger air bags deployed. My friend has significant injuries; would he have a case to sue the truck manufacturer for compensation? Thank you for any advice you can provide.

motoxkid

BigSweetie said:
A friend of mine, who lives in GA, was a passenger in a one-vehicle accident in which a new (two months old) truck rolled end over end. Vehicle was traveling over 55 mph; both driver and passenger were wearing their seatbelts; neither the driver or the passenger air bags deployed. My friend has significant injuries; would he have a case to sue the truck manufacturer for compensation? Thank you for any advice you can provide.
Happend to a freind of mine also in a 2003 Ford F150, got in a head on at 45mph and no air bags. He is still waiting on his lawyer to get back to him. Good luck and hope your freind is OK.

teflon_jones

Auto manufacturers put disclaimers in the owner's manuals about air bags not inflating in all accidents, and that you should always wear your seat belt. There's no guarantee that they'll inflate, even in front-end collisions, no matter what the speeds involved. There's infinite variables in an accident, and an auto manufacturer can't predict all of them! You'll need to prove that there was a flaw in the design of the airbag, or in the parts in the car. Otherwise, the auto manufacturer already has a disclaimer saying that the air bag won't go off in all collisions, so they're covered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">