• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Air bags responsible for injuries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rwright

What is the name of your state?

My sister lives in Arkansas. She was in a 1 vehicle accident. Heavy rain caused her to hydro plane into a ditch. She was driving, her husband was in the passenger seat. When the car hit the ditch the air bag deployed hitting her in the face. The injuries to her face are pretty bad. The doctors fear that she'll lose sight in her right eye, her face is so swollen that she can't open her eyes. Her husband recieved no injuries.

My question is: Is the air bag manufacturer liable for the injuries or the auto manufacturer?

I know that we hear mainly negative results in our media, but it seems that your chances of air bag injury are better than the actual accident.

stephenk

there is much case law on airbag injuries. unless you can show that the airbag deployed when it should not have deployed, public policy is against you recovering from the airbag manufacturer. Why you ask? Because the government believes that the risk of injury without airbags is so much higher than those occasional injuries caused by airbags. If airbag manufacturers were to be sued whenever their airbags deployed correctly, no such company would stay in business and airbags would not be in vehicles.

in other words, be lucky she is alive.

"but it seems that your chances of air bag injury are better than the actual accident." What is the basis for your conclusion?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Reasons Why Airbags Are Dangerous - -

NUMBER 10: Instead of airbags, Mexican built Chevrolets will now have a piñata.

NUMBER 9: After all your teeth are knocked out, you'll never need an airbag again!

NUMBER 8: You discovered you're married to one.

NUMBER 7: "We're going to crash!" and that was just something she always wanted to say before she died.

NUMBER 6: Her idea - - "How about if the entire car explodes into one, huge, airbag?"

NUMBER 5: Another idea - - "How 'bout we pass a Federal law requiring airbags on all trees?"

NUMBER 4: She was imitating the Crash Test Dummy she saw on the Discovery Channel.

NUMBER 3: For as long as she owned the car, she never believed there was an airbag in the steering wheel. Now, she has confirmation.

NUMBER 2: At least she won't need a mask for Halloween!

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Reason Why Airbags Are Dangerous - -

They're not really useful when you run out of oxygen in your car.

IAAL

violetb

I thank God every day for my air bag and seat belt--I would not be here today....I received a broken collar bone and other injuries but sue the air bag company never....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">