• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

airbags did not deploy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robin211

What is the name of your state? AL

My husband and I bought a brand new car about 8 months ago. Two weeks ago we were involved in a wreck where an F150 pickup truck hit us in the passenger side. Our new car was supposed to have had 6 airbags. None of the airbags deployed. The truck was going really fast. Both me and my husband received injuries.
Would we have a case against the car company?

seniorjudge

Q: Would we have a case against the car company?

A: Since you did not state that you had serious and permanent physical injuries, I would say no.

seniorjudge

It's fine to talk to yourself - as long as you don't get into an argument. ;)
Well, you know that i do have a split personality

YOU DO NOT YOU IDIOT!

so sometimes I do get into arguments with myself!

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT IDIOT!

Last edited:

ecmst12

Even better, talk to the dealership first. If the crash was not at high enough speed, or the angle of impact wasn't just so, the airbags won't go off. Airbags can cause injuries themselves when they deploy, and they cost thousands of dollars to replace, so in recent years they've started designing the airbag systems to NOT deploy unless the strength of the impact is enough that the injuries by NOT deploying them would be greater then the potential for injury FROM the airbags.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">