• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"All Great" In Washington

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bronx Petrozzi

I was rearended in Aug. I was then paid for the damages from his insurance. On my way to get the certification for the other damages to my automobile, they canceled the check. I got the certification and now they are stating that it is all invalid. Ever since the accident I have been treated poorley and been pushed along from one rep to the other. Basically giving me the run around. One rep told me to put off my medical and wait until they can figure out what is going on. So I did so. I told them exactly what the injuries were and when it started. I also told them my past medical history. Since I have started going to the chiropractor. Ever since the first accident my car driveability was very poor. The steering wheel would shake vigourously, and ever so often pull to the left and the right. I brought this to All Great's attention and was told to get certification. I have done so. While they were I guess "biding their time" My car spun out on the free way and did 3 360's and slammed against the wall. Completely totalling my car. They have only gave me vague answers on what their disposition is and what they are going to do about it, but basically they say they are not going to pay a thing. They state that they have a engineer who measured the height of my car and the height of the curb and side walk and their is now way that these damages are from this. But it is kind of irrelevant because the damages to my rims bending, would have nothing to do with the height of my car and the curb. Which in all regards my car did hit and scrap. I have contacted the Insurance commisioneer and the Attorney general on this matter and the next step for me is to go against them in a higher jurisdiction. What advice and helpful steps should I take on going about this or make sure that I do to not make costly mistakes in these circumstances?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Wow - unfortunately this happens to a lot of people. This is my take on it:

1. Get all of your paperwork together from the original accident and this one that totalled your car. Get all medical paperwork and any correspondence together that you have with this insurance company. If this is the insurance company's name, don't ever bring it up again.

2. Read ALL of the insurance section at the freeadvice.com homepage and the auto accident section under accidents. Read about Bad faith by Insurance companies, as well.

3. Step to it because the statute of limitations to sue is one year, usually unless court finds reason to extend.

4. Get an accident/personal injury attorney ASAP. Try either attorneypages.com or call the Washington State Bar Association and ask for lawyer referral (remember to check their record no matter how you find the lawyer for any disciplinary actions taken against him/her).

5. Now, as to your state law: there is probably something in there about a person (corporations are people too) who intentionally cancel checks. Something along the lines of bad faith. IF this is found, you probably are not only entitled to your original amount owed/negotiated but also certain other damages.

6. Call your state's insurance commissioner and have an investigation started immediately.

B

Bronx Petrozzi

Thank You!!!

Thank You Law Rat. Most helpful Advice. That really means a great deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">