• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alleged Accident Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starbeeloo

Florida
I was leaving a parallel parking space and the owner of the car behind me claimed I hit his car. I left the space, not knowing that anything had occurred, and went around the block after realizing my friend had left her cell phone. A police officer then told me the owner claimed I hit his car and wrote me a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident. My friend was directing me when I was pulling out of the space, and I know I didn't hit the other car. The insurance company also ruled that I had not caused any damage. I have to go to court on Thursday. I want to plead not guilty because I believe there was no accident, and I'm not sure how I can be charged with leaving the scene if nothing actually happened. Any advice?

ecmst12

You will need to provide evidence that you did not hit the car. Take pictures of your car showing no damage. Ask to see the damage to the other car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">