• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alleged parking lot accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jackie333

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Hi,
I need some advice. I recently received a call from my insurance agent inquiring whether or not I had been in an accident in a parking lot back in February of this year, and fled the scene. After she started giving me details, the only thing that I can think of that would have put me at that part of town around that time was when I pulled into a strip mall parking lot. I parked, shut off my car, and opened my door, which bumped the car next to me. When I got out and looked at it, it was a pretty good dent. I figured there is no way that my car door could have done that. I lined up my door with thier car door, and it didn't make sense. I looked at thier door and mine more closely, and I couldn't see any scrapes or paint transfers, so I figured the dent was already there, and did my shopping, and came back out and left. My primary concern is the police. Is there any legal action that can be taken against me, since this was in a parking lot, and I wasn't driving? Based on what the insurance agent told me about the report saying that I allegedly 'fled the scene', do I have any outstanding warrants out against me? What should I say on my recorded statement to the insurance company? Please help...Im freaking out!!

HomeGuru

Jackie333 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

Hi,
I need some advice. I recently received a call from my insurance agent inquiring whether or not I had been in an accident in a parking lot back in February of this year, and fled the scene. After she started giving me details, the only thing that I can think of that would have put me at that part of town around that time was when I pulled into a strip mall parking lot. I parked, shut off my car, and opened my door, which bumped the car next to me. When I got out and looked at it, it was a pretty good dent. I figured there is no way that my car door could have done that. I lined up my door with thier car door, and it didn't make sense. I looked at thier door and mine more closely, and I couldn't see any scrapes or paint transfers, so I figured the dent was already there, and did my shopping, and came back out and left. My primary concern is the police. Is there any legal action that can be taken against me, since this was in a parking lot, and I wasn't driving? Based on what the insurance agent told me about the report saying that I allegedly 'fled the scene', do I have any outstanding warrants out against me? What should I say on my recorded statement to the insurance company? Please help...Im freaking out!!
**A: don't talk to the insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">