• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am i allowed a rental car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cindy Sanderson

i was recently involved in an accident that wasn't my fault. my car is totally ruined and now i have no means of transportation. it has been 3 days since the accident and still have no answers from their insurance company. in missouri am i legally able to obtain a rental car right away since my car is not driveable and need transportation to and from work.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Cindy Sanderson said:
i was recently involved in an accident that wasn't my fault. my car is totally ruined and now i have no means of transportation. it has been 3 days since the accident and still have no answers from their insurance company. in missouri am i legally able to obtain a rental car right away since my car is not driveable and need transportation to and from work.
My response:

Not unless you had rental insurance coverage in your own policy. The other insurance company is not compelled to pay you for anything until such time as they decide (if they decide) to accept liability, or until a judge hammers the gavel down on the bench.

In the meantime, you're going to have to find a way to pay this expense yourself. Keep your receipts for later reimbursement.

You may have more luck by hiring a Personal Injury attorney, who may be able to put some pressure on the insurance company for you. Right now, without an attorney, the insurance company won't take you very seriously.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

J

Janrm

My accident was in Georgia. I did not have rental ins. on my policy. I picked up my auto this weekend and I am still driving the rental at the expense of the insured's ins. co. until I settle completely with them. Of course, the repair shop is going to have to do a little more work to my car. I had found a couple of areas that need to be corrected before totally signing off on the repairs. It is not the insured's ins. co's business whether you had rental ins. on your policy or not. They are responsible and you have to have transportation. Call them, call them, call them until they realize you are not taking no for an answer. Persistence pays off!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

They don't have to pay, pay, pay, pay, until they accept liability, liability, liability, or until a judge says pay, pay, pay, pay.

So, our writer can call, call, call, all he wants - - but until the investigation is complete, and they've accepted, accepted, accepted liability, our writer isn't going to get a penny for a rental car.

IAAL

J

Janrm

If I played by the ins. co.'s rules, "don't accept liability-don't pay" and "our time table-not yours," I would still be sitting at home without a vehicle. I have learned that you get what you want (and deserve) because you fight for it (not physically of course, but intelligently.) Did you know that ins. co.'s also have what is called a nusiance pay-out? Yep, they will pay you to quit calling! What do you think about that IAAL? So, do not get discouraged Cindy and do not listen to people who would have you not stand up for your rights on YOUR time table, not theirs!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Janrm said:
If I played by the ins. co.'s rules, "don't accept liability-don't pay" and "our time table-not yours," I would still be sitting at home without a vehicle. I have learned that you get what you want (and deserve) because you fight for it (not physically of course, but intelligently.) Did you know that ins. co.'s also have what is called a nusiance pay-out? Yep, they will pay you to quit calling! What do you think about that IAAL? So, do not get discouraged Cindy and do not listen to people who would have you not stand up for your rights on YOUR time table, not theirs!
My response:

Please take a look at my "Profile". I think I know how the game is played.

IAAL

J

Janrm

What does it matter to me (or any other person) what your profile says, if you are giving out advice to discourage someone from pursuing a course of action which has worked for me many times in the past and may work for them now? I am not trying to be sarcastic, but let's face facts here. I have only been successful at getting my demands met because I refuse to give up, and I refuse to follow someone else's timelines. Why should Cindy listen to you, me, or anyone else? She shouldn't unless we are getting results. I am, how about you?

J

Janrm

I have never been at fault. Too many bad drivers on the road. You can't do anything about other people's bad driving habits except file a claim.

C

Cindy Sanderson

i got a rental car

thank you both for your responses. i took both of them to heart. i didn't have rental car on my policy either.their insurance company called me back the next day and offered me one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">