• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i at fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

llid

What is the name of your state? PA
I was wondering how i can be found at fault?!??! I was coming around a turn and an elderly lady was driving down the middle of the road....to avoid hitting her head on i swerved to the right, hit a bank of snow, and she hit my backend. I was found "at fault" because my back tires slipped on the ice. The accident happened about 3 feet from the right shoulder on my side.

S

smitchelle

Can you appeal the decision by your insurance company to the state insurance commision?

L

llid

I could appeal it with an attorney. The car i was driving is my dads. and his insurance is refusing to pay for it because he wasn't driving.... they don't really care. and my insurance can't do anything about it. I really had no insurance company fighting for me through this.

S

smitchelle

File an appeal with the state insurance commision if you were given a surcharge. If you win the appeal and your insurance company will not pay for thr car, try filing a complaint against them with the state insurance commision. Youv'e got nothing to lose by trying.

Z

zappy

LLID:

This is called scamming the insurance company.

You and you father were trying to scam the company by not declaing you on his insurance as a driver, and PAYING the extra premiums, so the company can turn around and say you are not covered if you are driving dads car.

This is what happens when you are a CHEAPSKATE!

S

smitchelle

Are you listed on your father's insurance as an occasional driver?

L

llid

I am not listed as an occasional driver on his personal policy which is what this car is listed under. I am a full time driver on his commercial policy (being legitimate....zappy....i work for him and i normally drive a company car) but this car is not owned by our company...it is owned rather by him so it is a personal vehicle. Both policies are not through the same company. I am appealing the case...i have recently found out that the lady does not have a valid driver's license. i was not attempting to scam the insurance company...i would turn it in to my personal insurance but in PA insurance stay with the car not the driver.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">