• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I fully liable for costs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lmward

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington
I was involved in a minor accident as the driver of a car who bumped the rear of another vehicle while starting to move at a green light. The other drivers car stalled as we started to go which led to the accident. The state patrol was called and arrived at the scene, took statements from both parties, didnt seem to find any damage to either vehicle, no reported inujuries (although the other party was an elderly woman who insisted on being transported to a nearby emergency room even though we couldnt have been going more than a few miles per hour!) and didnt cite me for any wrong doing. Now several months later I have received a call from the other parties insurance company claiming damages. Since I was not cited, am I fully responsible for any damage to the other car and/or medical bills incurred? (Not that I even think there was any but first things first!)

R

Raisinette

Since I was not cited, am I fully responsible for any damage to the other car and/or medical bills incurred?
Why would you not be liable for striking this vehicle ahead of you? Do you think only those who receive police citations are liable for negligent damage to people or property? Did you not notice that her vehicle was not moving when you decided "green means go?" Do you not think that desiring transport to an emergency room constitutes some degree of "report of injuries?"

Who do you think a judge would find "at fault?"

Think the insurance company might have some record of payments made for property damage or injury?

Think you can answer your question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">