• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I liable for spouse car accident? (FL)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyanstorm

Hello
I have a quick question, my soon to be ex wife (currently in divorce proceedings) crashed my car back in march of this year, at that time I had no insurance because she had accused me of domestic violence (and put a restraining order against me) and kept everything (house,car,etc) so I refused to renew my car insurance, now I am getting a bill for $5,000.00 for damages she cause to another party in that crash, am I liable for those damages? can they come after my assets or suspend my drivers license?
thank you for your help!

racer72

Your car, your bill. As the owner of a motor vehicle, you are the one ultimately responsible for maintaining insurance coverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">