• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I obligated to pay a bill for an ambulance that I did not request and refused trea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slwslw

It's well established that if an emergency professional, such as an MD shows up at a scene and renders unsolicited medical services, he can seek compensation.

But when no services are rendered, I don't see how they can force payment.

mitch8

So tell them you won't pay and see what they do.
Actually I did send them a nice letter complimenting their service to the community and explaining how, since I didn't call them, and I had refused any treatment, that I thought their bill was unwarranted. A few months later they re-sent the bill to me noting that interest charges will be incurred if I don't pay right away; and they will contact a collection agency.

ecmst12

If your insurance company denied the bill, they may be able to advise you about whether you have any obligation to pay it. It's likely that the REASON they denied it is because you have no obligation to pay it, but you'd want to confirm that with them.

xylene

Actually I did send them a nice letter complimenting their service to the community and explaining how, since I didn't call them, and I had refused any treatment, that I thought their bill was unwarranted. A few months later they re-sent the bill to me noting that interest charges will be incurred if I don't pay right away; and they will contact a collection agency.
Don't talk out both sides of your mouth.

This isn't 9/11. You don't need to pay confusing compliments to make sure the first responders are placated.

In writing, again, state bluntly that you received no treatment and the call was not an emergency nor initiated by you and that you refuse to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">