• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marydr22

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?nj
it happended almoust 2 years ago. july 2003, my fiancee was involved in a car accident and he plegde guilty, he went to court and paid his tickets, there was not injury at the time of the accident until now.
The car was under our name, but we are not with the same insurance company any more,
and now that car is under my name.
so now i got a letter from the the lady's attorney sueing us.
what can be done in this case, they filed a case july 2005.
who will be the responsible, me?

seniorjudge

marydr22 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?nj
it happended almoust 2 years ago. july 2003, my fiancee was involved in a car accident and he plegde guilty, he went to court and paid his tickets, there was not injury at the time of the accident until now.
The car was under our name, but we are not with the same insurance company any more,
and now that car is under my name.
so now i got a letter from the the lady's attorney sueing us.
what can be done in this case, they filed a case july 2005.
who will be the responsible, me?
You best get a lawyer as soon as possible.

You have significant problems.

S

shell007

Did your fiance become your husband since the accident? The injured probably had 2 years to file a claim and looks as if she did just that. They probably won't come and take the "vehicle" that is now in your name, but if you are now married.......your fiance's problems are now yours if he is your husband. You're in this together. If you are still engaged.....I think the problem is his.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">