• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amputation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

klaus tridium

It has recently come to my attention that there is a fair degree of uncertainty surrounding the legality of self and/or assisted amputation. I'm really curious to know what (if any) current laws might apply to persons involved in such an act. Obviously there are some questions that healthcare providers will want answered quickly such as, should an amputation be treated like cosmetic surgery, or like an invasive psychiatric treatment, or like a risky research procedure. I'm wondering what legal issues could arise if one were to perform a procedure on themselves or on a friend (a friend who for one reason or another that might request assistance with the procedure).

Any serious input will be appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

klaus tridium said:
It has recently come to my attention that there is a fair degree of uncertainty surrounding the legality of self and/or assisted amputation. I'm really curious to know what (if any) current laws might apply to persons involved in such an act. Obviously there are some questions that healthcare providers will want answered quickly such as, should an amputation be treated like cosmetic surgery, or like an invasive psychiatric treatment, or like a risky research procedure. I'm wondering what legal issues could arise if one were to perform a procedure on themselves or on a friend (a friend who for one reason or another that might request assistance with the procedure).

Any serious input will be appreciated.

My response:

Hey, I'm into self-mutilation and amputation also !! It's great ! I especially used to enjoy razor blades, and pearl-handled butcher knives. But, when the cops finally got me, they couldn't put any cuffs on me. Want to know why?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">